Many parts of our ancient home are still partly conserved in their original form, including the cotto antico (ceramic tile that has been fired) and graniglie toscane (marble mosaic) floors, and a caminetto in terracotta (terracotta fireplace).
The rest has been completely and accurately restored with the same charm of the noble Florentine home as it once was.
Il Palagetto, which is very bright and spacious, was at one time used as the work space for a famous Florentine art conservator, who passionately dedicated his work here to the restoration of important works of art.
We offer car parking, free Internet Wi-fi, tourist information services and museum reservations, as well as babysitting services (at an extra charge) for our guests.
There are many activities possible such as the following: visits to Florence and Fiesole with an authorized guide, visits to gardens and historic parks accompanied by the owner of the house, walks along nature routes, Tuscan cooking courses (min. 4 people), visits to a Tuscan vineyard with a wine tasting etc..
There are five large bedrooms, some with private bathroom, and others that share a communal bathroom. All of the rooms are laid with stone fired or wooden floors, furnished in ancient Florentine style, and have oriental rugs, unique draperies, an Lcd color TV with satellite and air conditioning.
We can also offer a very big apartment for 4-6 people in the Florence Careggi area, at only 10 min. by tram from the city center.
Breakfast is the real strength of Palagetto Guest House, Roger and Tiziana, the owners, deal with it personally every morning!
The breakfast includes a wide selection of sweet and savory delicacies:
home - made cakes (very famous and appreciated the Strudel based on a Tyrolean original recipe and the marbled cake prepared by Tiziana), cakes puff pastry with jam and chocolate, and occasionally desserts as tiramisu and trifle. Fresh bread every morning, whole bread & real unsalted Tuscan bread with a selection of jams in 4 different flavors, butter and honey.
- Typical Tuscan salami, cheese slices, a nice summer " Caprese " with mozzarella and tomatoes or maybe a Maremma fresh melon slices.
- fresh fruit salad served in colorful bowls
- selection of organic cereals: maize, rice, wheat, muesli with dried fruit to start the day with energy with an eye on your scale !
- nice selection of snacks (pigtails, tarts etc...) and toasts
- fruit yoghurt, fruit juices, organic coffee, drinks from our small bar (cappuccino, espresso coffee, decaffeinated)
- a kettle for tea and herbal teas always available 24h/24, with a selection of 9 different types of teas (black tea, green tea, fruit tea, chamomile, fennel, etc...)
Enjoy our breakfast !