The Bed and Breakfast "Alla Fonte" owes its name to the source that is within walking distance from our House. In the open countryside served in the past as a watering hole for animals and as a place to wash clothes and collect drinking water. Today it is still fully in operation offers a fresh water to people.
The B&B is a country house, minutes from the Centre of Montefiascone.
Surrounded by a garden with olive and fruit trees.
The structure offers its guests the upper floor of the House, 100 square meters. Three comfortable and bright rooms, all with private bathrooms, one with tub idromasssage. Each room has access to a restricted part of the balcony with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
The rooms are all furnished with family furniture, but each with its own style and atmosphere.
The large kitchen then lets you enjoy in comfort the typical breakfast in a bright and distinctive.
The Bower outside, during the good season, allows us to serve your breakfast outside and still offers a space for moments of relaxation.
The independent inlet with space for car parking offers along with the garden, at guests ' disposal, a space reserved for enjoy the silence of nature.
Throughout the property then is available wi-fi free.
Our family is pleased to welcome you in their house for a few years he decided to start a life in contact with nature.
Away from the big city, rediscovering the pleasure to cultivate our garden, to produce natural olive oil and jams with our fruits.
OUR FACILITY will remain CLOSED DURING the PERIODS FROM 1 to 30 NOVEMBER and FROM 10 JANUARY to 10 FEBRUARY
located at 15 km from Viterbo and is located on SS Cassia (98 km from Rome) which continues for Siena, which is 125 Km and still up across the Alps; less than 25 km there is Orvieto who works as a liaison with the Florence-Rome motorway. In Zepponami there is a small railway station on the line Orvieto-Rome.
The city sits atop a hill on the side of the crater lake Bolsena to 640 meters above sea level and from this location you have vision of a unique landscape, ranging from the Tyrrhenian Sea to the Maremma, from the mountains of Umbria to Cimini, from Monti della Tolfa the lake basin with its beautiful Martana and Bisentina Islands. The fertile valley that surrounds him includes orchards, olive groves, vineyards that give rise to the wine production of the acclaimed Muscatel called "Est!Est!!Est!!! "
The territory of Montefiascone is attended and inhabited since ancient times: the Etruscans considered sacred area, maybe legendary seat of Fanum Voltumnae, political and religiso Center, where they gathered the Etruscan town. Roman testimonies are large and in good condition, strongly linked to Cassia consular serving as connection between Rome, the Centre of Italy, the North of the Pianura Padana to France, hence the appellation "Via Francigena". move (http: //www. viafrancigena. com/). Due to the strategic location of the Popes and the Bishops of Rome did fortify the town in which many people from the countryside went to defend yourself from frequent barbaric incursions; the walls were fitted with an impressive fortress, in the second half of the 1200, but, during the Renaissance, the military requirements necessary made many changes to the original structure.
Work on the fortification of the city continued throughout the centuries and they were many Popes; Today the Rocca dei Papi,
restored and embellished, is often used for cultural events.
Every year in July takes place in the halls of the castle the Est Film Festival, Film Festival of international importance
http: //www. estfilmfestival. it/
By 1058 almost to the end of 1500 to Montefiascone followed more than thirty different popes, emperors and famous personalities. These stayed for shorter or longer periods, or parliaments convened there went for summer stays.
Another monument to be visited is the
Cattedrale di S. Margherita,
santa_margherita easily identifiable from every part of the city, given its magnitude; its majestic dome is, in fact, the third in Italy for the inside diameter, after St. Peter's in Rome and St. Maria del Fiore in Florence. The Church begins his story at the end of the 15th century when it began to work on foundations, with an octagonal-shaped base, but for a long time the mass was celebrated in "open air" saw the lack of ceiling and in 1602 he started more substantial work that ended three years later. In 1670 a violent fire destroyed the roof and the Interior but within a few years the structure was recovered and restored. The Interior is richly decorated with paintings of 1800, as well as a marble bust depicting s. Margherita, attributed to Arnolfo di Cambio. The large dome was designed by Carlo Fontana and the towers were added in 1840 by the architect Paul Gazola Panwar.
The Cathedral leads easily to the Romanesque-Gothic Basilica of
San Flaviano was founded in the 11th century on the edge of the ancient Church of s. Maria, this construction presents special architectural solutions, managing to gather, with a result of rare equilibrium, the two different stylistic tendencies. The structure is thus composed of two superimposed churches and inversely oriented; the underside of the 1032 has three naves decorated with frescoes dating from the 14TH to the 16th century. The façade, facing in the direction of the ancient route of the Via Francigena, is enriched by a Renaissance loggia, from which the Popes appeared to bless the crowd.
In the third chapel on the left aisle of the Church of s. Flaviano is visible a plaque in honour of John Defuk, linked to the history of wine from Montefiascone.
Every year, in fact, takes place the historical procession in memory of the noble Defuk, within the wine fair of Montefiascone
http: //www. fieradelvinomontefiascone. it/
This is the living room with kitchen, where breakfast is served.
In addition to packaged products as per the regulations; You can enjoy the authenticity of local products, as well as homemade jams with our fruits and sweets and breads that Raffaela and Jacopo prepare for their guests.