A Casa di Lizzy is in the hills of Pisa centrally located at the point where the provinces of Pisa, Siena and Florence meet. It is a typical 19th century Tuscan farmhouse with wooden beams and cross vaults, surrounded by olive trees and vineyards. A Casa di Lizzy will welcome you back after visits to Volterra, San Gimignano, Pisa, Lucca, Florence or the seaside, which are all less than an hours driving distance away.
Our three bedrooms, each one with its own private bathroom, overlook our garden. The entrance to the bedrooms is independent, so our guests can go out and come in whenever they like. The house is surrounded by olive trees, vineyards and our garden where you will be able to enjoy the peace of the countryside and relax tasting our extra virgin olive oil, wine and jams that we offer to welcome our guests.
Breakfast - with fruit juices, cereals, yogurt, homemade bread, cakes and croissants, jams made with our fruit, cheese and salame - is served on a big old table under the cross vaults and it is the perfect time to talk with us or the other guests from all over the world, exchanging ideas about the best places to visit, the best restaurants, festivals or Tuscan traditions.
We will also take you on a walk to our vineyard and olive-yard, giving you the chance to admire a stunning view over the hills.
Our guests can buy their food and have their meals in the garden. We will provide dishes and cutlery.
- 3 bedrooms, all overlooking our garden and the hills around our house, and 3 comfortable bathrooms with shower or bath;
- barbecue corner, garden and children games at our guests’ disposal;
- local products tasting: wine, extra-virgin olive oil, cakes and jams;
- sports activities within easy reach: long or short walks in the most typical Tuscan countryside, tennis, swimming (open-air swimming pools), trekking, horse-riding, mountain-bike.
Main places of interest:
- the beautiful 11th century’s romanesque church at Fabbrica (5 min. on foot);
- Lajatico, Andrea Bocelli’s birthplace and his Teatro del Silenzio (5 minutes by car);
- Peccioli, a typical Tuscan medieval village (10 min. by car);
- Castelfalfi Golf Club (15 min. by car);
- Volterra, San Gimignano, San Miniato, Casciana Terme (30 min. by car);
- Pisa, Livorno and the seaside (45 min.);
- Florence, Lucca, Viareggio and Forte dei Marmi (1 hour).
How to reach us:
- from A12 motorway take Pisa centro/aeroporto exit, drive towards Florence and take the 2nd Pontedera exit, heading to Peccioli and then Fabbrica;
- from A1 motorway take Firenze Scandicci exit, follow directions to Pisa/Livorno, take
the 1st Pontedera exit, heading to Peccioli and then Fabbrica.
By train: closest stations Pisa or Pontedera.
By plane: closest airport Pisa.
Prices (breakfast included) :
single bedroom 40 Euros per night;
double bedroom 60 Euros per night;
triple bedroom 85 Euros per night;
free for children under 2;
25 Euros for children under 10.
It is a part of our strength and it consists of fruit juices, cereals, yoghurt, fruit, home-made croissants and cakes, different kinds of home-baked bread, jams made with our organic fruit, tea, coffee or milk. If you follow a particular diet, please tell us when you book and we will try our best to satisfy you.
It is served on a large table under the cross vaults and it is the best moment to chat with us or with the other guests coming from all over the world, exchanging opinions about the best places to visit, the best restaurants, festivals and Tuscan traditions.