Residence San Martino
Residence San Martino
it is located in the historic center of the medieval city of Erice.
The original building dating back to the fifteenth century and current seat of the Residence San Martino,
it housed an important agricultural Baglio of considerable volume.
A real fortified farm, bordered by mighty stone perimeter walls,
a large entrance door with access for carriages to the large central courtyard, where, in addition to the water well, the various perimeter fountains and other secondary entrances, some craft workshops had been built using the typical stone of the village, a small chapel, a ballroom, rooms for peasants, stables for towed animals and other spaces used as storage for supplies, fodder and work tools, the owner of the Baglio and his family lived on the upper floors.
Residence San Martino, was born as an Extra Hotel Accommodation Structure, in 2015, after a skilful, conspicuous and meticulous restoration work that lasted 4 years, thanks to which a large part of the original structure was rebuilt, preserving and restoring all the historical elements. and architectural features of the previous Baglio.
Inside the San Martino Residence, n. 9 Apartments, each with a well-equipped kitchenette and large private bathroom with shower and also n. 1 triple house with two independent internal rooms with private bathroom.
All 9 apartments and the triple house have essential, functional furnishings and are characterized by elements of local design that integrate with the surrounding living environment.
In each apartment of the Residence San Martino, many comforts are guaranteed, in order to make the stay of all travelers as simple and peaceful as possible.
The apartments of the Residence San Martino Erice, are independent and each with independent entrance and view on the internal courtyard, have the following comforts inside:
- Double bed with double pillows, pillow cases, sheets, duvet;
- Two armchair beds, each convertible into a single bed (complete with linen);
- Kitchenette equipped with hob, fridge, microwave oven, dining table with chairs, kitchen utensils.
- Private bathroom with shower, toilet, bidet, (hair dryer + complimentary toiletries);
- WI-FI and Air Conditioning (hot / cold), LCD TV, electric kettle;
- Bedside tables, coat hangers, luggage racks, stools, coffee table;
- Linen set, Courtesy set with bathroom products, Breakfast set (included in the price);
- Keys Box for Self Check-in and Self Check-out;
- Reserved table in the courtyard inside the Residence.
- City Map and other Tourist Info.
From the Residence San Martino it is possible to visit the entire medieval village of Erice on foot and by walking along the small stone streets it will be possible to reach in a few minutes, all the most characteristic, historical, tourist eno-gastronomic places of the city.
Cathedral of the Assumption, the Balio gardens, the Venus Castle, the path of the Elimo / Punic walls, the Pepoli Museum, the Ettore Majorana Scientific Culture Center, the Pepoli Tower and the Spanish Quarter.
Just a 2-minute walk from the cable car entrance (to and from Trapani) and just a two-minute walk from the video-monitored public parking of Porta Trapani (entrance to the historic village).
The cable car service, which connects the city of Trapani with that of Erice, is just a 7-minute walk from the hotel, while the video-monitored public parking at Porta Trapani (entrance to the historic village) is a 5-minute walk away.
Breakfast is provided daily to all guests present, in full compliance with the new national and regional rules and regulations in reference to the health and hygiene provisions and obligations in force.
All guests will have access to the common room, (located in the inner courtyard of the Residence), where they will find everything they need to prepare breakfast in complete autonomy:
- cappuccino / coffee machine with eco biodegradable capsules, automatic water / fruit juice / milk dispenser,
microwave oven, various utensils and small personal wall unit (one for each room) with lock, where every morning the basic breakfast basket will be left by our staff
(included in the booking price) or extra breakfast basket (not included in the booking price) on request.
Residence San Martino is usually chosen by all types of travelers as it offers ideal solutions for everyone: couples, friends, small groups, families with children or teenagers, Business and Leisure travelers.
Residence San Martino Erice, offers all customers various other services such as:
- luggage transport, assistance in free or public paid parking, tourist information, restaurant reservations, taxis, cable car tickets, selection of Sicilian DOC wines, typical drinks and much more..
Residence San Martino Erice to experience an authentic Sicilian holiday.
- Disabled Access
- Air Conditioning
- Historic House
- Romantic Atmosphere
- Free Wifi
- Hair dryer
- Smoke Friendly
- Fine Design
- Ideal for trekking
- Near cycle paths
- Disabled Access
- Rooms with air conditioning
- Smoking allowed
- English speaker
- French speaker
- Spanish speaker
- Historic house
- 19th century house
- Recently restored house
- Sharing areas available for guests
- Insured house
Air conditioning and heating systems of the house
- Certified systems
- Heating systems
- Air conditioning
- Room temperature controller
- Double glazing or solar panels
- Certified systems
- Emergency lights or fire exit directions
- Photovoltaic or other forms of renewable energy
Services of the house
- Access for the disabled
Facilities and services
- Children games / babysitting
Location and surroundings
- City centre
- Near (within 10 mins) pubblic transports
- Near (within 45 mins) train station / airport / port
Number of rooms
- Total number of rooms: 9
- Number of rooms with own bathroom inside the room (ensuite): 9
Size of rooms
- Between 21 and 30 sqm
- Bathrooms restored in the last 5 years
- Hair dryer
- Monodose products
- Children bed
- Mirror or luggage case
- Internet connection or telephone
- Terrace / balcony
- 2 windows / panoramic view
- Desk / table and chairs
- Sofa / armchairs
- Guides / maps / books available
- Local events calendar
- Discounts in local shops and restaurants for the guests
- Shuttle service
Holiday themes - the place
Holiday themes - town size
- Village - under 5000 in.
Holiday themes - area features
- Near monuments
- Arts or archeologic area
- Cultural events and arts exhibitions
- Wine and food attractions area
- Local crafts
- Historic centre
- Shopping area
- Gardens and landscapes
Holiday themes - house features
- Historic house
- Fine design
- Romantic atmosphere
offers two types of breakfast to be consumed comfortably in your home:
1) Sweet Basic Breakfast (included in the booking price) :
- Personal box with various single-dose packaged local products (seasonal fruit, typical sweets, traditional biscuits, jams, rusks, fruit juices, coffee capsules, tea bags and herbal teas, milk, sandwiches).
2) Super sweet & savory breakfast (Extra cost € 15 per person) :
- Personal box with many single-dose packaged local products (organic fresh eggs, sliced ??bacon, aged IGP salami, slices of DOP cheese, sandwiches with organic flour, fresh fruit and local dried fruit, yoghurt, muesli, fresh milk, almond milk, fruit juices, typical "Genoese" sweets, traditional biscuits, jams, rusks, selection of teas, herbal teas, coffee capsules).
The sweet & savory Super Breakfast will be provided upon prior request only.
For the provision of breakfast, Residence San Martino Erice scrupulously adopts all the AntiCovid19 security measures in line with the national protocol "Safe Welcome".
All the staff of the Residence, including those in charge of preparing breakfast, in addition to having already received the vaccine and possessing the HCCP food safety certificate, will use for each preparation, new safety devices such as disposable gloves and certified FFP3 masks.
In full compliance with the health and hygiene regulations in force and in order to guarantee social distancing,
access to the breakfast room has been organized by the structure in time slots (8: 00a. m - 10: 30a. m) and
it will always be agreed in advance through communication between the customers and the Residence.
For the correct use of the Breakfast Room and all common areas, in respect of all guests present and of our Staff, it will be mandatory:
- the use of safety devices such as the certified mask;
- the constant sanitation of the hands through the certified sanitizing dispensers, present in the common areas;
- sanitizing, with certified sprays left by the structure, of all surfaces and utensils or instruments used during the stay in the breakfast room and its preparation;
- the use of the personal lockable wall unit (placed on the equipped wall of the breakfast room), where the breakfast box chosen will be stored by the B&B staff.
- the use of the breakfast room, in compliance with the above health and hygiene regulations, will be allowed only for the time strictly necessary for preparation;
breakfast must be strictly consumed at the assigned home.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!
Residence San Martino Erice.
Hey from Maurizio
is a new non-hotel tourist accommodation reality that groups together the 3 accommodation facilities present in Erice historic center:
B&B Le Chiavi - Residence San Martino - Residence Pietre Antiche.
The management of the three accommodation facilities is entrusted to qualified, multi-lingual staff with decades of experience in the hotel hospitality sector.
All the management experience of the three accommodation facilities, gained over the years, has been transferred to our staff and is constantly updated and shared with the management group, in order to guarantee full assistance to all travelers, before, during and after. their stay.
Constant communication with our customers and the exchange of mutual information is the key to our management.
The passion in our work at the complete disposal of your holiday to ensure a pleasant stay in Erice.
B&B Le Chiavi
Residence San Martino Erice
Residence Pietre Antiche Erice.
Area city center
From the Residence San Martino you can reach on foot and in a few minutes, all the main tourist / historical / cultural attractions of the city: Cathedral of the Assumption (3 minutes on foot), the Balio gardens, the Castle of Venus, the of the Elimo / Puniche walls, the Pepoli Museum, the Ettore Majorana Scientific Culture Center, the Pepoli Tower and the Spanish Quarter.
We are located near the main street of the city of Erice (Via Vittorio Emanuele) which crosses the village and which presents the best and authentic commercial, artisan and gastronomic realities of the city, such as the historic pastry shops that serve the typical "Genoese" with cream. or the "sweets" of almond paste, the various shops with ceramics and "Ericini" carpets still handmade by skilled craftsmen and of course the best restaurants with their specialties based on fresh fish, local meat and native wines.
Just 6 minutes walk from the cable car entrance (to and from Trapani) and just 5 minutes walk from the video-monitored public parking of Porta Trapani (entrance to the historic village).
Residence San Martino Erice in Via Pietro Salerno n. 5
In The Surroundings
- Civic Museum Cordici 149 m
- Christmas Market 149 m
- Dirac Museum 185 m
- Museum Chalonge 186 m
- Ettore Majorana Centre for Scientific Culture 211 m
- Cathedral 223 m
- Museum Malacologico 422 m