Guests in this venue liked
- Abundant breakfast
- Charming property
- Spectacular view
- The design of the property
Lunch and diners are served in the yard and the cuisine consists of typical dishes of homegrown vegetables of the Sicilian and Aeolian tradition.
The farmhouse is the ideal start point for hiking lovers. You can have long walks along the breathtaking views of the island, in fact it is close to the most picturesque tracks leading to marvelous landscapes, among olive trees, Indian figs, small palms, arbutus, volcanic rocks, pumices and obsidians, down to the beautiful deep blue sea.
Next to Casa Gialla lies “casa contadina” a museum of ancient tools and curiosities of the ancient farmers’ traditional culture. A long and patient work of collection has been made throughout the years in order to preserve and display the old local rural traditional tools and objects.
The visit is open to the guests and to groups who book the visit in advance.
Meals are served in the familiar and intimate house yard and the cuisine is rich in traditional dishes.
Meals are prepared with homegrown products added with Mediterranean herbs. The atmosphere is magical and the memory of the lovely times spent here with us will remain with you forever.
The Farmer’s culture museum
Here the time has stopped. The visit to the museum will take you back to the old times where hard work and the simplicity of life were the essence of our insular culture.
Groups passing by can have a guided visit to the museum and can have a taste of our local products. Lunch and dinner are also available.
Let yourself delight from our products.
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Red or white wine
- Olive Oil
- Vegetables (courgettes, aubergines, tomatoes, potatoes, onions, garlic, etc.)
- Fruit (citruses, apricots, prunes, figs, prickly pears, grapes, etc.)
- Jams and marmelades (orange, lemon, citron, tangerine, apricot, prune, figs and blackberries)
- Liquors (caper flowers, tangerine, wild fennel, lemongrass, lemon, bergamot, etc.)
- Biscuits and typical Aeolian cookies.
Conditions for pets staying in this facility:
- Disabled Access
- Pets Allowed
- Free Wifi
- Hair dryer
- Ideal for trekking
- Near cycle paths
- Farm with animals
- Disabled Access
- Pets allowed (piccola taglia)
- English speaker
- 19th century house
- Sharing areas available for guests
- Panoramic location
- Insured house
- Certified systems
- Emergency lights or fire exit directions
Services of the house
Facilities and services
- Children games / babysitting
- Pets allowed
Location and surroundings
- Panoramic view
- Archeologic area / near monuments
- Near (within 10 mins) pubblic transports
Number of rooms
- Total number of rooms: 8
- Number of rooms with own bathroom inside the room (ensuite): 8
Size of rooms
- Between 21 and 30 sqm
- Bathrooms restored in the last 5 years
- Monodose products
- Children bed
- Historic furniture
- Terrace / balcony
- 2 windows / panoramic view
- Desk / table and chairs
- Guides / maps / books available
- Local events calendar
- Discounts in local shops and restaurants for the guests
- Shuttle service
Holiday themes - the place
Holiday themes - town size
- Small town - between 5000 and 25000 in.
Holiday themes - area features
- Near monuments
- Arts or archeologic area
- Located in country side or nature reserves
- Gardens and landscapes
Holiday themes - house features
- Historic house
Simonetta and Bartolo will welcome you with a smile.
Hey from BARTOLO
Immediately after graduating from high school I worked for several years at a prestigious hotel in the Aeolian Islands, gaining extensive experience in the tourist-receptive field.
But my greatest ambition has always been to return to the origins of the earth, which I realized through the renovation of an ancient family tenement that dates back to the nineteenth century.
Later I made a small museum of the Aeolian peasant tradition, faithfully prepared with equipment, furniture, original furnishings.
I have committed myself to resume traditional and organic agriculture, which the modesty of life was forgetting.
I am a lover of nature, animals and an eco-sustainable lifestyle. I love history and do not miss the opportunity to share with guests the culture and traditions of our islands.
For lovers of trekking I offer many opportunities to discover breathtaking trails along the ancient paths.
The bus stop is in front of the farmhouse.