Guests in this venue liked
- Spectacular View
- In The City Center
- Shopping Area
- At The Seaside
- Very New
- The Design Of The Property
- Charming Property
Holiday houses really central located in Ortigia, amazing sea view.
- Air Conditioning
- Romantic Atmosphere
- Free Wifi
- Hair dryer
- Rooms with air conditioning
- Internet access
- English speaker
- French speaker
- Recently restored house
- Panoramic location
- Insured house
Air conditioning and heating systems of the house
- Certified systems
- Heating systems
- Air conditioning
- Certified systems
Services of the house
Location and surroundings
- City centre
- Panoramic view
- Archeologic area / near monuments
- Near (within 10 mins) pubblic transports
- Near (within 45 mins) train station / airport / port
Number of rooms
- Total number of rooms: 4
- Number of rooms with own bathroom inside the room (ensuite): 4
Size of rooms
- Over 30 sqm
- Bathrooms restored in the last 5 years
- Hair dryer
- Monodose products
- Children bed
- Mirror or luggage case
- Internet connection or telephone
- Terrace / balcony
- 2 windows / panoramic view
- Desk / table and chairs
- Sofa / armchairs
Holiday themes - the place
- Arts town
Holiday themes - town size
- City - between 100.000 and 300.000 in.
Holiday themes - area features
- Near monuments
- Arts or archeologic area
- Cultural events and arts exhibitions
- Wine and food attractions area
- Local crafts
- Historic centre
- Shopping area
- Located in country side or nature reserves
Holiday themes - house features
- Romantic atmosphere
The location is really central in Ortigia (the charming but lively island / historical center of Syracuse), making it ideal for a convenient and easy visit all major tourist attractions, as well as offering comfort in reach a lot of bars, restaurants, shops, market food, etc, in only 1/2 minutes walking.
Only 50 meters away are the beach, free of charge, "Cala Rossa" and the beach "Arethusa". The sun / beach "Forte Vigliena" is instead about 3/400 mt.
Just 100 meters away there’s the magnificent Cathedral square (The Duomo) where you can admire the Cathedral, the Archbishop's Palace, the church of St. Lucia to the Abbey, which houses a priceless painting by Caravaggio.
Moreover very close are art galleries, museum Bellomo, the amazing and impressive castle Maniace built by the enlightened Frederick of Swabia.
You can even “lose” yourself in the charming and picturesque streets of the island, once the beating heart of the most powerful "polis" of the period Greek / Hellenic around the Mediterranean, where you were born or formed the biggest personalities in the field of scholarly literature (Aeschylus, Euripides, etc...) and Science (The Genius of Archimedes was born, lived and died in Syracuse).
WHAT TO VISIT IN SIRACUSA’S PROVINCE
The apartment is located just 50 mt. by the main public electric bus stops (BLUE Line - Line n. 1 – Only 50 cents of euro per trip, ticket can be purchased on the bus once boarded) that allow you to reach the main places of interest in the city, just walking a couple of minutes.
At about 100 mt. some free parking is available (check the address/location on the map: “Lungomare d’Ortigia”.
In the immediate vicinity of the holiday house you can find several places to rent bicycles to enjoy the amazing beauty of Siracusa or to rent cars to visit the beautiful province of Syracuse.
The province of Siracusa offers 3 sites protected by Unesco as "World Heritage": Syracuse and Ortigia; Noto and Val di Noto and Pantalica.
The main beaches in the province of Syracuse:
- In Ortigia: Cala Rossa beach is far just 50 mt. and it’s accessible by comfortable ladder handy.
Just 2/3 minutes walking from the holiday home, shingle beach and the open sea of very nice quality. Recommended for proximity and practicality;
- Beaches of San Lorenzo, although not as much 'cheap' Lido Agua beach is recommended for its services and wonderful sea quality and colors...If the weather is that of the usual spring/summer wonderful days it will seem to stay in some 'Caribbean' beach….
-Island of Currents / Carratois, Carratois Lido as well as the Lido Le Dune are recommended, southern tip of Italy.
- Nature Reserve of Plemmirio, very close to the city center of Syracuse: reefs and crystal clear sea, protected reserve, several possibility to snorkeling and to enjoy amazing sea nature.
- Beaches of Lido di Noto, waterfront widespread and sometimes crowded sea of excellent quality;
- Beaches of the Nature Reserve of Vendicari, pristine beaches, no overbuilding, birdwatching and nature untouched;
-Beach of Calamosca, pristine but necessary 5/10 minutes walking through the nature reserve after parking, pristine sea;
- Beaches Of Arenella and Fontane Bianche, the resort areas of Syracuse, albeit distant only 10/15 minutes driving from the city, recommended for those looking for the presence of services, food markets, beaches, beach entertainment, etc;
- Borgo Of Marzamemi, charming seafront fishermen village featuring cafes and restaurants overlooking the sea, shops, etc, perhaps romantic destination for the end of the day of the sea;
- Fishermen Borgo Seaside of Portopalo of Capo Passero, a picturesque village that has to be visited as well as to enjoy a drink in the late afternoon in the immediate seaside or in some restaurant of the main little square which brings back the years.
-Borgo of Brucoli (north of Syracuse in the district of Augusta), features coves in town in the summer and particularly the geomorphology;
Places to visit in the city:
- The whole island of Ortigia, the Cathedral of Syracuse, Frederick's castle 'Maniacè, Archaeological “Park of Paradise” (Greek theater of Syracuse, Roman amphitheater, the ear of Dionisio, etc...), archaeological museum 'Paolo Orsì (as provided the World finds pre-Greek colonization as well as finds of the Greek and roman).
Places to visit in the province:
- Unique at the world Baroque of the city of Noto;
- Necropolis of Pantalica (Unesco World Heritage) in the area of Sortino / Ferla;
- Medieval Borgo of Buccheri.
In The Surroundings
- Fountain Arethuse 114 m
- University - Faculty of Architecture 174 m
- Museum Bellomo 170 m
- The Abbey Church of Saint Lucia 172 m
- Cathedral Square 333 m
- Maniace Castle 342 m
- Temple of Athena 365 m
- Cathedral 361 m
- University - Faculty of Archaeology 444 m
- Lido Solarium Forte Vigliena 555 m
- Museum of Cinema 552 m
- Papyrus Museum 622 m
- University - Faculty of Science of Cultural Heritage 669 m
- University - Faculty of Literature 674 m
- Temple of Apollo 853 m