Établissement: 1 |
Nettoyage: 1 |
Le propriétaire: 1 |
Situation de l' établissement: 7 |
As indicated this is just somebody renting his spare room out on a cash only basis. The room which was probably nice at one time was very dirty: - layers of dust. the bed dirty and soiled, and it had a strong stale smell. We thought stale cigarettes but owner insisted not so could have been damp/mold. The Wifi did not work. There is no TV. The bathroom dirty and aged. The owner takes e100 cash deposit for one key not advertised. The location is good.
As for the owners claim that his motivation to undertake this activity was because "I enjoy meeting people from different countries and cultures etc etc"..He was not there to greet and arrived 7 hours later at about 9pm. When we explained it was awful & asked for our money back even offering to pay for 1 night he flat refused. Following the police being involved we left paying two nights 50: 50.
There are hotels & suites available in the immediate area at similar prices that are infinitely better.
BEWARE: - People often post bad reviews following a bad experience. Perhaps we were just unlucky. By all means book here if you wish. But DO NOT HAND OVER CASH till you are happy with the state of it. Once you do he works on a possession is 99% of ownership basis.. You have been warned.
It was so bad that even without a refund we went elsewhere and paid again.
Dates du séjour Du 12/05/2019 au 16/05/2019
La réponse du propriétaire:
I have been managing my B&B for many years and I am grateful to the guests for the many positive comments received and also for the criticisms, useful to improve it and make it more and more welcoming. To the gentlemen. I didn't like my house, well it can happen! Faced with a very respectable opinion I would not have replied, but I find it necessary to deny some of the inaccuracies expressed:
1) I am not an improvised landlord, but the owner of a historic B&B in Rome, with a regular license and regional identification code;
2) The very dirt found in the room consisted only of a layer of dust on the chandelier, for which I apologize, alerting the staff in charge of cleaning to greater accuracy;
3) The bathroom is not old, it was built new only 3 years ago, and the floor is of the time, it is a Carthusian of the 30s that, because consumed, even when clean, does not appear shiny and perfect;
4) There is NO TV and there has never been a specific personal choice
5) NO smoking and never smoked in my house (I am not a smoker first),
6) Upon delivery of the keys, a document or a deposit of 100 euros must be left to guarantee the keys (in the total choice and discretion of the guest) to be returned upon check out, and all this is expressly indicated on the website of the b & b;
7) It is not always me personally taking care of the check-ins, because I happen to have work commitments. I am a theater director and it happens sometimes to be in the theater to work, but this has nothing to do with my pleasure of meeting people, which I confirm and endorse;
8) The "failure to return the money" refers to the "cancellation policy" adopted for my structure, duly indicated on the portal used for the booking.
The gentlemen, in the hope of having recognized their "alleged" rights, considered it appropriate to involve the Police (never happened in 20 years!), However, the intervened agents, having ascertained the groundlessness of the guests' claims, could not do anything. Therefore, between the start of a judicial procedure and that of a conciliatory solution, I preferred to undertake the second. Thank you for your attention and your patience!