Corso G. Garibaldi, 48 - MANTOVA (MN)
The house was built in the second half of 1500. The house was the right wing of the govern of Catena pier’s palace. It was part of Gonzaga/Canossa.
In 1720 became a house/workshop for master builders and plumbers.
In 1972 Osvaldo Trombini, painter, bought and restored the house with scientific methods.
A few friezes from Mantegna school were restored. Today you can see Gonzaga’s decoration on the wooden ceilings.
Osvaldo recreated the original plaster to restore the house.
It became the painter’s house/workshop.
The painter’s home is in an ideal location in the city center of Mantova, at Corso Garibaldi 48.
The B&B has three large bedrooms, three private bathrooms, a living room, a dining room, a beautiful terrace, the entrance hall and the courtyard.
The Painter’s home has double or triple bedrooms. Each one with private bathroom.
One bedroom is situated at the first floor and two bedrooms are in the attic, at the second floor.
The bedrooms situated in the attic can be booked to have the possibility to arrange from 4 up to 6 beds with two private bathrooms.
From 8 to 10: 30 there is a buffet breakfast in the dining room.
Our Italian breakfast offer a choice of biscuits, homemade jams, bread and croissants or traditional cakes, yogurt, milk, coffee, cappuccino and teas.
Upon request we have gluten free bread and soymilk.